Lennox Healthy Climate UV-500 germicide lamp system improves air quality and protects heating and cooling equipment. The lamp is a high intensity germicidal 254nm lamp. The intensity of the radiation on the UV-500 and UV03-500 products is 776 ?W-cm? compared to the Second Wind’s 302 ?W-cm?. The testing was done at 50? F 500 and fpm.
It is important to note that at the end of one (1) year-life (60% of initial output), the Healthy Climate™ UV units still provide higher output than the initial output of a Second Wind Units. As far as the Second Wind photo-catalytic claim, the Second Wind unit does not have enough catalyst surface area to be effective. To be more specific, models UV-500 and UV03-500 can be effective on any application up to 5 tons. For an even higher kill rate and greater efficacy, use models UV-1000-UV03-1000 & UV-2000-UV03-2000.
These models are equipped with an electronic ballast and have a higher bulb intensity, which will give you a higher on-the-fly kill rate. In other words, the 1000 and 2000 will be more effective at killing contaminants in the air stream. All of our UV units will essentially have the same effect on killing stationary contaminants on the coil, duct etc. The only difference is, the 2000 will do the killing more quickly than the 1000, and the 1000 more quickly than the 500, but the end result is essentially the same for stationary kill. “On the fly” kill is greatly enhanced by using the stronger unit.
- Powerful ultraviolet energy helps eliminate biological contaminants like mold and bacteria
- Improves air quality and protects equipment by sterilizing surfaces
- Reduces concentrations of airborne bioaerosols by 50%* within as little as 45 minutes**
- Dual-lamp or single-lamp option
- Available in 2,000 microwatts (UV-2000) or 1,496 microwatts (UV-1000)
- UL listed
- No ozone emissions— a known lung irritant***
- 5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components